At some point in my life I stopped saying “meatball” and started saying “balls of meat.” The adolescent boy in me finds anything (especially food) that comes in a ball shape very very funny. This, although I was never actually an adolescent boy.
This is a keto low-carb meal, and it’s both yummy and delicious. And, bonus … balls.
- A handful of radishes (unless you either have unusually tiny or unusually large hands. Go with a standard female adult human sized hand. Like 3 or 4. Ish.)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- Fresh basil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated (I’m pretty generous with the ginger. Like, I use a lot.)
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 smallish head (heh) green cabbage. (Sorry. Adolescent boy thing again.)
- 2 Tbsp butter
So, make the sauce first. Throw the radishii (bet you didn’t know that was plural for radish. Mostly because it totally isn’t.) and the basil in the food processor or bullet and make it all minced. Mix it with the mayo and let it hang out in the fridge while you make the balls of meat.
Mix all the meatball ingredients. Shape into balls. Fry them if ya wanna, but I bake them. Less work. Same yum.
Shredify the cabbage. Or buy it already shredded in neat little bags. Whichever. Cook it in butter until it is nicely caramelized, but not burnt. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Plate a spoonful of cabbage, toss a few balls on it, and then top it with the sauce. Nom.