We are a long way from watermelon season. I miss watermelon season. I miss this salad.
For the salad:
- 3 cups watermelon cubes
- 1 cup crumbled feta (I skip this one. Not big fan of wet cheeses.)
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thin
- Coarsely ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup balasamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Throw all the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and give it a good shake. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Lightly toss the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour about half the dressing over all. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Serve with the remaining dressing.