So I made this for a party this weekend and it was fantabulous.
- 2 diced unpeeled apples (any kind)
- 2 oranges, peels intact, sliced thin
- 2 lemons, peels intact, sliced thin
- 4 limes, peels intact, sliced thin
- 1 large bottle of Lambrusco
- 1 can pineapple chunks (with juice)
- 1 cup of sugar, divided
- 1 bottle of gin (not the most hugical bottle … the smaller one, but not a mini-bottle, because what’s the point?)
- 1 bottle of club soda
- 1 20 oz 7-up
When you slice the citrus, reserve each end and throw the rest of the slices in a large bowl. Add the apples, the pineapple chunks and their juice and half of the sugar. Squeeze the juice from the reserved ends of the citrus over all, and the pour the Lambrusco over it all. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, pour the gin, the club soda, the 7-up and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar into a gallon jug or pitcher. Pour the liquid from the fruit mixture into this container. Serve in red wine glasses over ice. Garnish with citrus wedges.